Sunday, December 01, 2013

A Telling Detail - Dec 1

Thanksgiving weekend, those 4 days where you wake up and wonder what day it is. Woke up Saturday wondering if the day was Monday and I had to get moving to go to work. Mostly, it's an extended weekend with the extended family with a lot of food, rest, late nights, foot traffic in the house, traditions and relaxation.

I spent this one cognizant of my stomach being for food and food for the stomach. Didn't pack myself at any of the feedings - Thursday midday, Thursday night, Friday midday, Friday night (Basque) - and maintained IF with 7 to 8 hour feed zones. Didn't need any of the sugar. Felt and feeling a lot better for it.

A couple of moments this weekend. Telling moments, with telling details. One, where someone I would normally respect and consider a life-long Christian, who, in the course of a conversation, over an issue that really wasn't that remarkable, let fly the epithet "Jesus." With that one word, I had a view down the dark tube into his heart. What happened to you that you've come to this?
Christians look down on any cursing, I know, but I'm not really one of them. Fbombs are okay with me - probably not from the pulpit, but there's a place for a good WTF in casual conversation. 
Gdamns aren't passable, OMGs aren't as well - there's a line one crosses there into the taking the Lord's name in vain zone. Someone who stands on the Bible won't make those terms a habit, surely, but there are men who GD regularly, and women who OMG without thinking. Why, I ask, when it's so easy to just Damn things and Oh my Gosh in conversation. The worse, God-attached phrases are socially acceptable, so people, and even christianized-people let them fly. Okay, I get that. Not at all acceptable for me, but I get it. Although if you're one who uses these phrases, you're showing me that God is something to you but not Someone to you. This moment was a more telling detail. I don't understand using Jesus' name to exclaim disbelief, ever, if you're calling yourself a Christian. That says that Jesus isn't the cornerstone of your identity. 

Friday
Just went for an extended NEPA walk with JJ in the stroller, to the cat bridge and back. Simply moving the blood through the calves is a great AR session.
P176g/C135/F69 :
25/24/51%, 2645 total cal, 2547 net

Saturday
Another easy walkaround session today, with throwing the baseball at Cat and Mouse park.
P195g/C201/F115 : 30/31/40%, 2617 total cal, 2533 net


Sunday
6 rounds of max reps Overhead squat @ 95#, in .55 on 2.00. 
Mostly 10's, plus and minus. Great to dump with the bumpers.
11 mins.
9 hours - 2330/0730. 11 minutes total, PE: 8.
P128g/C59/F145 : 25/11/64%, 2448 total cal, 2355 net

No comments: