Monday, December 30, 2013

VPull Rehab - Dec 30

Is the world record holder in the 1500 meters run athletic?
I don’t know, let's see what else he can do. 
- John Welbourn

I just put together a working year plan for 2014. Then I began to question it all. I'm thinking mostly about addressing weaknesses, based on what I've been learning during this testing phase. 
Stay tuned: Now I'm thinking about scrapping most all of it and starting over. I'm worried about doing too much HT and not the proper mix of Maximal strength (read: 531), Muscular endurance (BBB sets, say) to real world athleticism (LSD endurance/multi-planar speed work/Hand-eye skill work). I can't train for the gym or even the CF gym. I need to train for that unknown-and-unknowable streetfight.

Anyway, in the meantime, I have to rehab this arm, or all pulling work is going to continue to flag. Today might have been a MaXmas attempt at a 1RM on weighted Chins. I taped up and brought my dipping belt out onto the gym floor, and then realized that I'd checked my ego at the door. I spent the time instead at the cable pulldown, just doing mixed grip light pulls.

9x max reps (15-10's) Wide neutral grip/medium overhand/narrow overhand/narrow chin grips @ 160////155/////
16 mins.

1 attempt at Neutral grip pulls - just didn't feel good in the right brachi.

8.5 hours - 2230/0700. 16 minutes total, PE: 7. 48 hours. 229/15.

P232g/C201/F136 : 31/27/41%, 3339 total cal, 3202 net

No comments: