Friday, January 22, 2010

Ideal Weight: You're Killin' Me Here.

BMac is pointing to a grid, which is telling me I'm needing to lose 20% of my bodyweight to see my Ideal weight:

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/idealw.htm

180, the top end of the range, down from 220? Are you kidding me?

My next question is Ideal Weight? Ideal for what? For a marathon, it would have to be lower still. For a streetfight, I think I'll stay pretty much right where I'm at, thank you.

I'll give you this though: to do increased work over broad time and modal domains, yeah, I could use to lose 6% BF/12#. Which is to say, I'm willing to give up 5.5% total weight, not 18%.

Wow, I didn't set out here to write that. But since that Marathon happens every year, and the Streetfight may not happen at all, but the Work will - surely, and nearly daily - now I'm going to be forced to make it so.

208. Uh Oh.

No comments: