Sunday, August 30, 2009

WoD - "Helen" - Aug 30

"Helen" - in the heat. 103 degrees, yeah, that and Walker coming by with 4 bombers might have effected me a bit. The propblast Helen: 16.06 with a 15 sec delay on the last round fighting to keep the dog from running the loop with me. Today was supposed to be an "S" day, and I was thinking I was going to completely take the day off in exchange for tomorrow's AR day, since I was up at 3 AM with what I diagnosed as overtraining-induced insomnia. A good morning at church and a nap, and I was feeling good enough to be getting my ya-yas out with Helen. Used a 35# DB, and a run around the block - which felt a lot longer than 400M, but which is probably shorter. Gonna have to measure it to see if it's dead on. (Here's the P.S.: the run was .37 mi; the temp was 105. Noice!).

2.58 first run; 2.07 swings and pull ups: 5.06
2.54 run; 2.29: 10.29
3.12 with 15 seconds of tripping all over the friggin' dog; 2.25: 16.06

The DB swings really are fun; I was just flagging as I reached the final reps each round - can't wait to swing the real deal 1.5 pood dood. The Base schedule called for 15 minutes of rope jumping, but my achilles is still not something I want to test with the rope yet. The running today and yesterday are edgy enough. Also, just trying to do all the named/hero WoDs I've not done, to lay down a baseline.
Next time, I'll do Helen Rx'ed, and beat today's time. Remember, you heard it here first.

7.30 hours + 1/32 hours. PE: 8. 217/10.

No comments: