Monday, August 17, 2009

Chelsea/Cindy - Aug 15

I did/tried "Chelsea" at the beach - pull up bar by the volleyball courts at Carpinteria. The pull up bar was 30 feet away from a push-up pit, so I wasted some precious time and energy walking back and forth in the sand. Didn't think I could do the whole thing, so I came into the test with the rule that if I failed to complete a round in the minute, I'd rest through to the next minute's "go," and see how many rounds I could get in the 30 minutes.

I made it through 10 rounds before I couldn't meet the minute. Rested through to the next - then did 2 rounds before failing, then 2 more, then 2 more, then 2 more, and then dug deep and did 4 before a final blow and final round. 23 rounds, it was a learning experience. My previous best "Cindy" was like, 12 rounds in 20, so 10 rounds in the first 10 minutes shows a huge improvement. I feel the training effect from this one. Chelsea; one ruthless taskmistress.

No comments: