Wednesday, January 01, 2014

MBike - Strength is Vindicated - Jan 1

Kicking the year off with a steady state ride. 24.6 mi, 1.39 - 14.9 mph. 
Didn't expect much from this, after getting little sleep and getting really cold in the morning - to be honest, I wanted to just lay around, but Dew talked me into it. Glad he did. 

Missed the group and rode solo, along the bike path through Hart park and up Rattlesnake to run down Panorama, telling myself to go easy the whole way. Geared all the way down for every hill, kept the PE at 70%. Never got out of breath. Felt slow, but, Strava says I picked up two PRs on segments and *18* trophies. I've never gotten more than 6 trophies on group rides. 

I hadn't ridden at all since last August, and have only done a little rowing of late. So you can't say this is a win for any brand of oxidative training. Not power-to-weight either, since here I am at a blocky 231.
I'm stronger than last year is all. Looks like power transfers directly to the drive train. The year plan with 1 steady state session per week seems like the right move for me. I'll focus on raw strength and power-endurance.

4.5 + 2 hours - 0200/0630. 99 minutes total, PE: 7. 24 hours. 231/14.
P278g/C53/F89 : 52/10/38%, 2155 total cal, 523 net

No comments: