Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Ca - McCluskey Junior - Mar 1

1 mi (treadmill @ 2.0%)/21 pull ups 11.52
.75 mi/15 pulls 9.41
.5 mi/9 8.12
.25/5 2.32
32.18

I love this WoD. More running, by far, than the McCluskey hero WoD, but OMG, far fewer pulls. A perfect mix of getting gassed early and forcing yourself to continue. Which, I'm completely ashamed to admit, I didn't do. I walked at 4.0 for 100m of both the .75 and the half. Started out at 6.6, but had to back down to 6.0 (read: 10 minute miles). Average was at 6.3 mph. I've got some CFE work to do.

BTW, some dickweed doing partial-rep pulley curls at the only pullup station at the gym. I just had to shoulder my way in. I've been partitioning the 21-15-9 as 11/10, 8/7, 5/4 lately, but when I got the bar with 15 to go I just had to rep out for honor's sake. Wierd, how one can do more than one expects when one expects more of oneself. Doesn't hurt to have some douche standing there to steamroller, though. Embarrassed with my performance today, but, damn. I'm livin' large on this side of heaven.

Here's a timely quote:
"It doesn't matter how many times you fail. It doesn't matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because... All that matters is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are." - Mark Cuban

8 hours/24 hours. 32 minutes total, PE: 9.

No comments: