Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wa - Velocity Day 2: SRun & 4x5 - June 14

Actually, taking it a bit light, or so I continue to say to myself.

AM:
Walk one tenth, sprint one tenth, turnaround at Train Grade for a total of 8 intervals. All were under 40. 36, 33, best at 30. 35 mins.
Limped around all day after this. Left achilles.

PM:
Deads 10 @ 135#, 4x5 @ 205#, 1 more 10 @ 135#... 1 min RIs.

4x6 Reclining DB presses @ 65#/Chins, 30 sec side planks (2 per side).

I realized something today. It's not that I don't work, it's that I've not been training. I've been using concepts, and working, but really, doing what I feel like, instead of looking at the preformatted piece of paper and saying, "Ah hails nah, not that today." I've not been forcing off days, so I've been taking too many. I've not been keeping my piehole shut; drinking beer for thirst, eating for flavor. I haven't been stretching, I haven't been cautious about bedtime. I've been Lazy, rather than Self-Disciplined. Basically, forgetting to remind myself that one of the adjectives that is supposed to characterize me is Athlete. I'm okay with shelving SuperHuman. But I'd like to dust off and tie knots in the laces of Athlete again for awhile.

No goal for now. Just will test my mile time in a month, and see what happens as a result of body composition changes. No composition goals - this isn't look better nekkid class. 29 days to come up with performance goals.

8.5 hours/12 hours. 64 minutes total, PE: 8. 215/13 (see, told you I was dehydrated yesterday).

No comments: