Monday, September 26, 2011

MBike - Lighthouse Century - Sept 24

Last time we did this ride, it just felt longer. We rode it faster, and stopped just as much, but I suppose we stopped for shorter breaks. Out at 0700, in at 1500.

Right out the gate I knew I wasn't doing well. Wine tasting and beer drinking on the trip over (Tobin James, Eos, Firestone Walker, Castoro, Jan Kris) with nary a sip of water, then some of the worst sleep I've had in months (didn't set the alarm, just knew that Matty's loud mouth would wake me, but kept turning over thinking is it time? is it time?). Drank my way through the first half of the ride, and didn't really feel myself until the final 15 miles. Didn't have any gas on any of the hills - and the only saving grace is that the skies were overcast, cold and spitting mist all day. Any sun at all and I would have probably gone raisin. The early going was fun though - dripping wet but still warm enough to ride. Didn't feel cold, in fact, until mid-morning. No nasty headwinds north of Cambria. Really nice stop for lunch at Sebastian's in San Simeon, right at Hearst Castle.

6.5 - 4 hours, 2200-0430 /36 hours. 325 mins total, PE: 8.
39/42/19%, 361C-159P. 3945 cal.

No comments: