Friday, April 23, 2010

Wl - You Suck, I Rule - Apr 23

Just getting in the stuff I can't do at home over the weekend, before the weekend sets in. Deadlifts, maybe. Deadlifts, for sure.

Buy in:
3x
15 knees to elbows
20 hyperflexions
10 burpees
7.52

Antagonists:
4x
11x extensions
11x seated curls
+1 11 seated curls

6x
12 calves on the A-frame @6.5 a side
10 burpees

3x
8 deads @ 225#
10 burpees

Was considering cutting it short today, booking it to the Friday Lengthwise cooldown, but two strapping 20-something guys stopped me on the extension machine to ask me if I had some lifting straps. They just can't do the deadlifts they were planning without them. No, I don't, sorry. But I do have enough old-fart attitude to grip-n-rip the bar you were afraid of for a few sets. Just couldn't cheese out on what seemed to be a challenge from on-high. Besides, the babies were on their cell phones every 2 minutes during their "workout." Just had to take their bar and rip it in their faces a bit.
Someone had to do more weight, more sets, more reps than them to show them how it's done. Living by example, that's me.

Would've been cake. But. But those MF'ing burpees, slinking themselves into the workout like Sharia law into government policy, or cockroaches in the kitchen.

8.5 hours/24 hours. 39 mins total, PE: 8.
oGWICn: Day 113, 113 burpees.

No comments: