Monday, April 12, 2010

Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch - Apr 11

A gorgeous Sunday morning, absolutely perfect for a run, after a gorgeous Saturday, absolutely perfect for an outdoor workout, where I spent the day yardworking, intending to do some squat cleans with some of the necessary burpees. Of course, as previously noted, I did neither. And did I do the run today? Hailz nah.

So, with a knowing eye to the outdoors, I walled myself off mentally from my traditional S run, and played some Mushroom Madness 2 with Kdawg. Fast forward to noon. Out we come from Youth Sunday to find that Bakersfield is brown soup, whirling in the dust of a 20 year duststorm.

Naturally, Murphy encouraged me to set up Coolaroos yesterday. I spent a critical 8 minutes breathing the dust, tearing down the sun shades I worked so hard to set up.

After that, I decided not to breathe for the rest of the day, if I might help it. I didn't work this hard - or neglect hard work - on so many occasions this winter, just to get the respiratory malady now. So, I ate Cheerios (AM), Taco Bell (noon) and crappy Costco lasagna (PM) with a few Blue Moons. I didn't catch up on the owed burpees, but it was a grace day ... a saving grace day.

About the only thing I did right today was to take a nap. Score one for me.

8 + 2 hours.
oGWICn: Day 101, grace day for burpees, owed 100.

No comments: