Monday, April 12, 2010

Wl - Mark It Down As a Win - Apr 12

Okay, I was gonna test those 50 burpees. Check.

I'll nuke myself today first, just to prove that I haven't become a total sissyboi during my lax time off all weekend. All that stuff about letting myself down so well yesterday and Saturday, it's just a bad dream.

Actually, today was the first day I considered just throwing in the towel on the burpees. 200+ sounded like a lot ... like it was gonna take up all the little workout time I had today ... like I would be back off schedule again, just to do more burpees ... and I'm tired of them ... and how long can I keep this up, really ... shouldn't I continue this on a rotation or something ... boo hoo ... piss, moan.

Get on your best pony and ride. Once in the gym door, autopilot takes over. In fact, the first 100 burpees today felt good. Like a natural movement, and not really that gassing. Having two days off from them helped the legs reload a bit. The mind too, I guess. Fully half of this thing is mental.
This was a long day, though. I was pretty done by the end of it all.

Antagonists:
12 reps seated curl @145#
4x12 extensions/4x12 seated curl

5x
20 burpees
12+3 calves on the A-frame @ 6 wheels per side
The burpees felt good, even in 20's. The calves felt light.

4x10 deadlift @ 205#
These just wore a hole in me.

52 burpees straight through for time: 4.24
Did I need to beat 7.42 for 44? Okay.

Cash out after the cash out:
Oh, I still owe 51 more.
5x10 burpees with a minute-ish RI.

7 hours/72 hours. 51 minutes total; PE: 9. 220/13.
oGWICn: Day 102, 203 burpees.

No comments: