Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ca - Death by Pullups - Dec 16

My rear is sore from deadlifts. My arms are still sore from Monday's push presses. Three weeks of sick with a prelude week of bozo workouts in DC. I'm still paying for that month off. The upside: back in the saddle again; Base for 2 weeks. Then into a revision of the system for '10.

Today, buy in with 4x12 Ov Sqt at 65/75/85/95. Then got going with the Pull ups. I had dreams of 20 rounds or something white puffy clouds and rainbows like that, but the reality was 11 rounds and 8/12s on that slick bar at BodyX. Not really the bar's fault. I just haven't made any real gains since June. This is where an expletive exits my mouth.

Okay, so it's a "Death by" challenge. Shouldn't the PE be friggin' 10? Shouldn't it be an all-out effort? That line couldn't be crossed. The death wasn't a mind-death, it was a matter-death. The hands won't grip. The arms won't pull. I wasn't gassed, or tired or burnt. I simply wasn't able to pull ... up ... anymore.

18 hours / 8.5 hours. PE: 7.

No comments: