Thursday, May 19, 2011

S Run - Mixed Run - May 19

Anticipated a different workout altogether today. Eyes snapped open at 5:30 and didn't close, so put on the running shoes and thought I might do some pyramid intervals. Took ten steps and remembered why running after deadlift day is always a harrowing experience.

Thinking along the way that the single-mode endurance workout is a thing of the past. Calling this a "mixed run" means that you get to run your run, but punctuate it with other stuff that makes the running suck. Move the blood to your arms, or quads, or just punish yourself with unrelated activity. Dice run FTW.

Whatever. Part of the game is the person in the driver's seat telling the vehicle WTF to do. Charged over to Beach and did 7 sets of chins in 40 on 40. Started at 6 reps and held it until the last couple.

Running home (and here's where it gets weerd) encountered a Smart and Final cart stolen from the store on F street by some passer-by (read: Shopping Cart Dipshit Thief). Thought I'd do my good deed for the day and return it as best I could, so started pushing it on the bikepath until I ran into the pile of cinderblock that SCDT's have been throwing into the canal. I picked up all the bricks, put them into the cart, and pushed it all home. To my surprise, I found that it was not easy. Not just on the deadlift-softened legs, but the delts were frying as well.

My thinking: maybe I need to buy a prowler. Or build something nasty to push.

Ended with the obligatory burn around the long block racing against the dog.

7.5 hours/16 hours. 33 minutes total, PE: 7.

No comments: