Sunday, November 01, 2015

Words and Phrases.

When you're learning how to hear the Lord, He doesn't speak to you in whole sentences, but in key words and phrases. - Graham Cooke

I'm seeing how I'm only catching singles and snippets. Like a toddler, am I only capable of words and phrases as I try to understand my Father? Maybe.

Last week, I was struck by the need/desire to pass on a prophetic word for someone at church. During singing, I was completely murdered by the song "No Longer Slaves" - so much win in it for me as I relished my newly re-found release (which, to stay on track, was signified by a simple query - Who Watches the Watchmen? if you recall). Just got myself cleaned up from a soggy mess, when I saw the back of someone's head, and asked, "What God? What is your message for them?" And he told me, "Receive." 
Then, like I've been told one will experience, I got linked emotionally to the person; feeling all the hopelessness and defeat, yearning for wholeness and discouragement that the person was going through. Slain again. 

Receive. Had to hold onto that during the course of the hour, thinking what else do I have to say, what else do You want to say, God don't let me trip all over myself and get in Your way in this as an inadequate messenger, yadda yadda. I wish I could have had a chance to simply walk up and deliver the word without all the intervening wait. I think there was a lesson in that for me though. 
No need, and no reason, for me to add my frosting to God's cake. The cake is spiritual food; one word of manna is enough. Adding sentences of Man will only make for indigestion.

Anyway, in conversation and crafted prayer, I'm hearing more. But in the prophetic, I'm only in pre-school, catching only words and chunks. Do I need to hear more? Dunno. One can get a lot out of one word directions:  

North

Warmer… 

Shhhhh

Abuse.

Generational

Stop. Wait

Putting the pieces together is going to mostly involve listening harder. Better comprehension through concentration, onward into fluency. 

No comments: