Friday, November 06, 2009

Ca on a Whim - Dead Bang - Nov 6

Crossfit Bako put up a WoD today:

Who made this up???
10 rounds for time:

5 Pull Ups
10 Slam Balls
15 KB Swings
Ouch!

Yeah, sounded good! So I dropped everything and set to it, thinking I'd sub wall balls for the slam balls (I own zero slam balls). Got through one round of wall ball and realized that stucco is tougher than Dynamax skin, and was going to eat my med ball up pretty quickly. Did 95# Thrusters instead, not a fair trade.

30.38.
Rd1: 1.43
Rd2: 2.56
Rd3: 2.35
Rd4: 3.35
Rd5: 2.55
Rd6: 3.48
Rd7: 4.02
Rd8: 4.59
Rd9: 4.00

There was no round 10. Even using the watch, it was getting dark and I managed to miscount. CC was there to count reps, but who wants to cheat on reps when you can cheat out a whole round?

Which was perfectly okay, since at 20 minutes I was thinking, "Shouldn't this be a 20 minute AMRAP?" ... As it was, it was a 30 minute, 9 round AMRAP where I seemed to spend more time standing around breathing hard and talking at myself, and, when it was over, made my left shoulder feel like it dislocated, the arm numb and hovering a few inches away from my body.

Crossfit, the workout that takes you places only drugs used to be able to!

8 hours/48 hours. PE: 8+.

No comments: