Friday, March 04, 2016

Word of Knowledge Baby Step.

Yesterday, PM drive, listened to an early message by Shawn Bolz (which spoke to me in a deep way regarding releasing even the most heinous sinners into their calling, what God created them to be and achieve, not what they've become or seem to be in the presentpast moment. Presentfuture possibility, released through the eyes of God's love and hope). Afterward, he did his word of knowledge thing, but was working to listen - very interesting to see him trying to operate in this gifting, which was newish to him at the time of the videotaping.
Today, AM drive. I listened to Danny Silk's message called Culture of Honor. Very moving, and an extension of Bolz's yesterday PM drive message of speaking prophetically in presentfuture, and in line with where I'm headed in my identity as one who will release love, value, permission, equipment and strength - and new elevation - in others. Find the symptom, which initially appears to be the problem, dig/ask questions and get revelation, then sever/solve the underlying problem. Huge value in this message, and ending illustrative story.

So, I get to Burbank, and I'm parked in the lot at Ralph's, with few people around, and digesting the word a bit before going in to get ice. I'm in the truck, eyes closed, first reminding myself about some of the "tells" I've encountered that let me know when the angel of the Lord/HS is present, and reminding myself to use these cues to spring consciously into operational mode and look for the one in the room, and, telling myself that I must be a doer of the word, not merely a hearer who deludes himself.

Be a doer. What to do? 

I open my eyes. Before me, across the lot, is a tough-looking guy with dreads, smoking a cigarette and digging around in his car.
That guy.
What about that guy?
Telling himself that God doesn't care about him, but God cares about him.Okay, if that's the message, what's his name?
Anthony.
Is this me, just thinking it? Is this You HS? Why not phrased "I care about him?" This all sounds like my own mental processes. I'm reminded of Shawn Bolz, being vulnerable before an audience as he's faithfully trying to pass on what he's hearing. Okay then.

I step out of the truck in faith, and walk up.
Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to be Anthony?
- I have a brother named Anthony.
Oh, well, then this is for him then. This might sound weerd, but I feel like God has a message for him - that he's been telling himself that God doesn't care about him. But God does care about him. …That's it. That's all I have. But would you pass that on to him? That God cares? … not that he doesn't care about *you*, mind you. God cares about you too!
- Thanks, I will. Have a good day sir.
You too.

And I walk off, to buy my ice. 

I realize something about approach. Note to self for all the next times to come: 
the phrasing is "Does the name Anthony mean anything to you?" instead of "Are you Anthony?" - because, just as God wants to bless me by passing a word through me, and, of course, God wants to bless Anthony as recipient, he may want to bless Anthony's brother as well, as an intermediary messenger, by passing the word through *him* as well.

Let's get this party started.

No comments: