Wednesday, September 17, 2008

All Star United's LaLa Land

The question isn't whether it's true. The question is it working for you?
Marshmallow skies and custardy pies and nothing's too hard to do.
They're five happy verses or so. They told me all I needed to know.
Ignore all the rest: Trials and tests, and threats to my comfort zone.

Well, I've got no time to find out what's real. I stick with what I happen to feel.
It feels grand when you're livin' in a lala land!

You can name a blessing yourself; stake a claim on power and wealth, and strong healthy teeth, a spot at the beach, and romance that's really swell.
All the saints and martyrs alike, well, they would have called a national strike -
Demanded less pain, more personal gain, if only they'd known their rights!

Well I take it very personally.
Yeah, I got to know what's in it for me.
Ain't it grand when you're livin in a lala land?

I've got my prayer cloth collection in a Jesus jar.
I've got the Holy Ghost ridin' in the back of my car.
Sometimes He gives a little tickle, I go "hardee har har"
Ain't it grand, when you're livin' in lala land.

My Jesus decal does quite the trick. Right above my dashboard I stick it: a good luck charm; it keeps me from harm, and saves me from speeding tickets.

Well I take it very personally.
Yeah, I got to know what's in it for me.
Ain't it grand when you're livin in a lala land?

No comments: