Sunday, August 28, 2016

Time to Assess the Not Much - 20160828

I've been doing, but not logging, some work - kinda every other day, and mostly BW stuff, quick and dirty. Nothing to write (home) about. So I haven't been. Did some lunges and air squats yesterday, and today I'm sore. So yeah, not writing about how little I'm doing and how low my tolerance is.

Today was some basic shoulder ROM HT.

4 rounds, HT timer
Meadows row, alternated, one per round x10
Dynamic push up x6/6
14 mins.

4 rounds, HT timer
Bent over row x10 @ 1233
OH press x7ish @ 123#
7 min.

For the final quarter of the year, I'm going with a really simple set up:

1. Heavy squatting and isolateral stepping - 2 and 2x/week
     Breaks down as: Oly Squat/BB Step up/Front Squat/LSD step thoughs (w/ assistance)
2. HT and explosive hinging - 3x/week
     Break down: Hpull/Hpull iso/Vpress; Hpull/Vpull/Vpush; Vpull/Hpush/Vpress
3. MA and conditioning - 2x/week
     Mostly Hill sprints and bag work, you know the drill.
Prioritized in that order. ... yes, that looks like it's 9 sessions a week, but I'm treating it like 9 blocks a week. So I may be only sessioning 4x/week (that's minimum possible, I know, 3x/week looks like it's in range, and I might just do that if I cycle the squatting/stepping down one notch). 
I will be doing IF and, until Boots on the Ground is complete, walking easy in the AMs.

Don't know if I'm going to be religious about logging here. Some of this is going to feel like it's not work-worthy-of-mentioning, still. Stay tuned. I'm logging, but it's all the deep spiritual stuff that people really don't want to hear about, so that's getting my reflective attention, elsewhere.

No comments: