Thursday, July 17, 2008

GeoNaviTerra.

I just had the 3rd of my last three caches reviewed at geo.com and denied. Each was in violation of the letter of the law there. Not the spirit of the law, grant you - but the letter of the law is what matters when you're dealing with bureaucracies. And teenage fast-food workers, but that's a thinking-outside-the-box issue. Where was I? Yes, placed geocaches. Has geo.com had to defend itself in any lawsuits because it published an "unsafe, beyond the scope of the rules" cache? Even if not, they *might* - right? So we uphold the letter of the law, in case something bad might ever happen.

The third is in place, and I'm pretty fed up, so I self-published it on navicache and, soon I hope, on terracache (I have to be sponsored there before I can do anything, besides beg for sponsorship).

My first foray beyond the bounds of the behemoth. I want to believe that monopolies can be beneficial (and dictators can be benevolent, and world peace can be attainable, and some other stuff) but in this case, the monopoly is failing me. We'll see what happens.

BTW, power corrupts so we're not gonna see any nicety-nice dictators anytime soon, and as long as there are crazies memorizing the Koran instead of bathing, world peace is right out as well.

No comments: