Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dumbing it Down.

Gonna begin my "Dreck-Free" campaign in earnest. No pressure on anyone else, I'm just changing the game for myself. Guess it's been building for a while, but a couple of last-straws hit me today.

• I negated a new cache posting to my ignore list rather than run out the door to FTF it. That was like toeing a line in the sand.

• I reviewed my owned caches and saw this:

Only multis and puzzle caches going unfound, running neck and neck with archived caches for finds... noice. All traditional 1/1s up the list (and therefore not pictured) getting found frequently.

In my workaday life, I have to dumb down product to meet customer demand. But in my playaday life, I don't. I'm going to post caches like ones I've had to work to find, and found challenging, and therefore enjoyed, and hated, and loved to hate, and found memorable for those reasons.

So, I started by beginning to systematically delete the crappé I've placed, and to rethink all the hides I have in the pipe, and set forth with a new grim determination to only hide caches for us, and those like us (d*mn few left, heh).

They're probably not going to get found, I know. But hey, the fun is in the hide.

1 comment:

timidvenus said...

yippee!!! another blog!!! so glad i found your ramblinz.