Thursday, November 17, 2016

Random Commentary Is No Tale To Tell.

I'm making a note here to remind myself - my later, older, forgetful self - that some clangin' and bangin' has been going on in the backyard box over these last long weeks. I've not logged any of it here as
• I'm not on a program or regular schedule worth tracking. This is not because I don't desire to be on one, it's a time issue
• Everything is on feel, so there's no weights/reps/benchmarks to track

• I have no fitness goals ATM
• I care less about this than I do about tracking all of what the HS is doing in my life, and I don't have enough time for that, so. Also, I'm not logging that stuff here, because, who would believe it anyway?

What I will note is that when I do get out for what seems like bi- or tri-weekly sessions, they look like this right now:

1:
Assistance antagonists (10 mins)

Hip Thruster/RDL, say
Main (14 mins)
Oly Squat, say

2:
Assistance antagonists (10 mins)

Landmine Iso Rows/Y-pulls, say
Main (14 mins)
Meadows Rows or Ring Rows

All I'm doing is pulling because I trashed my right rotator cuff bouncing OH presses off the bottom like a complete stoopidnoob, a failure for which I still punish myself, as you can see, and for which I am still paying the price of all things overhead. I am unable to static hang, and all pushing movements are right out.

Nothing's changing in terms of hypertrophy or composition. I'm doing IF just about everyday, with a noon to 6ish window.
Strength is down, but yeah, that tends to happen when you don't do anything constructive, and can't do anything but squat and ring rows.
Conditioning is baseline, if I can work in anything, work capacity will be the first addition; sprinting and MA.

So, saying that there's nothing to say. Nothing to say in a conversation with someone who only speaks infrequently, when he has time to blurt out a sentence or two, and those talking points are merely what's on his mind in the moment.

No comments: